Monday, September 13, 2010

My Side of the Mountain

Title:My Side of the Mountain
Author:Jean Craighead George
Number of chapters:22
Number of pages:177

About this book: Sam ran away from home to live in the wild. While he was there, he got Frightful, a goose hawk (or falcon) and meets animals like a raccoon and a weasel. But he also is looked for by people to be taken home. So Sam made a house in a tree (no, not in the branches of the tree like a tree house but inside the tree) to live in. He lived on wild berries and nuts.  He had to catch his own fish and pick his berries. Sam stayed alone until his family built a house on the mountain.

I liked the way he lived in the wild.

1 comment:

  1. When I was your age & I read this book, I loved it and imagined myself surviving & living on my own in the woods. Your cousin Levi also LOVES this book.

    Love, Aunt Kathleen

    ReplyDelete